During the week we have very early starts so we tend to have a late breakfast after harvest and deliveries with a lighter dinner mid afternoon. You can use Chard, Cavelo Nero, Beetroot or Kohl Rabi tops, Spinach or Kale with exactly the same recipe.
- 1 bunch of Chard (approx 8 stems)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar (or 1/2 a lemon)
- 4 eggs (or tofu if you prefer)
- 4 challah buns from Electric Bakery (or brioche burger buns), sliced in half and lightly oiled
- Thinly slice the garlic and stems of the chard. Roughly chop through the chard leaves
- Add two generous tablespoons of oil to a heavy bottomed pan on a high heat before adding the garlic and chard stems. Season with salt and stir fry until the chard stems are just about tender.
- Add the roughly chopped chard leaves to the pan with the vinegar and continue to stir fry on a high heat for 1 minute. Once cooked, turn off the heat and set the pan of chard to one side
- Heat a frying pan or skillet and grill the cut side of the buns until nicely coloured. Remove from the pan and fry your eggs to your liking
- Add a generous amount of chard to the bottom half of your bun before resting your egg on top and adding the bun lid.
- Huge bonus points for adding crispy bacon, some grated cheddar, any hot sauce or salsa, grilled mushrooms or anything else that takes your fancy.